Maruti Suzuki Baleno crosses 5 lakh sales in record time in India
Maruti Suzuki has achieved an important milestone of being the only automobile manufacturer to have crossed a sale of five lakh units in a record period. The company has done it with its premium offering, the Baleno hatchback in a record time of 38 months from its launch.
R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki, said, "Baleno has become a resounding success in the highly competitive premium hatchback segment. It is a testimony of our best in class technology and customer experience. Our engineers have ensured that Baleno offers superior ride and handling, class leading performance and safety. With a staggering 20.6 per cent growth in the first half of 2018-19, Baleno has been among the top selling cars in India, since 2016. We are grateful for our customers' constant support that has made Baleno India's most preferred premium hatchback."
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is exclusively manufactured in India. Importantly, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno is the first Suzuki car that is exported from India to Japan. The car manufacturer mentions that besides the domestic car market, the premium hatchback has been receiving an overwhelming response in global markets such as Australia, Europe, Latin America and East Asia. In other news, Maruti Suzuki has just launched the all-new Ertiga MPV in India at a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh (ex-showroom) for the manual petrol. The new generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is available in 10 variants with the top-spec diesel variant priced at Rs 10.90 lakh. Besides the tried and tested 1.3-litre SHVS diesel motor, the new Ertiga also gets the new 1.5-litre petrol motor that debuted in the all-new Ciaz. The Ertiga will be available in five colour options.
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.44 Lakhs
- NewsRudratej Singh former Royal Enfield global president - appointed president and CEO of BMW Group India
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!