Maruti Suzuki Baleno facelift may launch by mid 2019
Sources on the internet suggest that Maruti Suzuki is looking to launch a mid-life refresh for the Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback next year.
This will be a largely cosmetic upgrade with the car's mechanical package remaining more or less untouched. Changes will most likely include a redone front fascia, new bumpers and a ne detailing. There may be new alloy wheels too.
The interiors might get an updated feature list with additions like rear parking sensors, speed alert system and seatbelt reminder will come as standard. The car might also get LED headlamps and fog lamps.
Current Baleno image used for representation only
Mechanically, the Baleno will possibly continue with its 1.2 litre petrol and 1.3 litre diesel engine options. The diesel motor puts out 75PS and 190 Nm while the petrol motor makes 84PS/115Nm. A five speed manual and a CVT are the two transmission options. The Baleno is based on Maruti Suzuki's Heartect platform.
Expect to pay a slight premium over the current car, around Rs 25,000 to Rs 30,000. The current Baleno range starts at Rs 5.38 lakh and goes up to Rs 8.50 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Baleno has been the segment leader since its launch in 2015 and this update will help Maruti Suzuki hold on to its lead. Both its closests rivals, the Hyundai i20 and Honda jazz have reeived updates since the Baleno has been on sale.
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900