Maruti Suzuki Baleno facelift spied undisguised
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno facelift has been spotted undisguised ahead of its expected launch by mid 2019. The spy photo shows that the Baleno will get a new design for the front bumper. This is sportier looking and gets a larger air dam. There are also two smaller air intakes on either side with up swept ends. There might also be a new alloy wheel design and similarly minor changes to the rear.
Some new feature additions may include a shark-fin antennae and the possible addition of a cruise control system.
Mechanically, the Baleno will possibly continue with its 1.2 litre petrol and 1.3 litre diesel engine options. The diesel motor puts out 75PS and 190 Nm while the petrol motor makes 84PS/115Nm. A five speed manual and a CVT are the two transmission options. The Baleno is based on Maruti Suzuki's Heartect platform.
Expect to pay a slight premium over the current car, around Rs 25,000 to Rs 30,000. The current Baleno range starts at Rs 5.38 lakh and goes up to Rs 8.50 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Baleno has been the segment leader since its launch in 2015 and this update will help Maruti Suzuki hold on to its lead. Both its closests rivals, the Hyundai i20 and Honda jazz have reeived updates since the Baleno has been on sale.
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 250 images leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 155 spotted ahead of its official launch
- NewsExclusive: Hyundai Venue sub-compact SUV prices leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsInterview: MG India's Rajeev Chaba on strategy, new products and BSVI
- NewsUpdated TVS Apache RR 310 coming soon!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip