Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
Maruti Suzuki has increased the prices of the diesel and sporty RS variants of the maruti Suzuki Baleno premium hatchback. The diesel car's prices now start at Rs 6.73 lakh and the Baleno RS costs INR 8.88 lakh.
The Sigma, Zeta and Alpha trims have seen a price increase of Rs 12,300 while the Delta trim is now Rs 19,499 more expensive. The Baleno RS is Rs 12,913 costlier. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
The Baleno is currently powered by the 1.3 litre Multijet diesel which makes 75PS and 190Nm. The Baleno RS is powered by the Boosterjet turbo petrol engine that produces 102PS/150Nm. A new DualJet petrol motor with a mild hybrid setup was introduced in the Baleno, the older 1.2 liter unit is still available in lower petrol trims.
This development takes on added meaning now that we know that Maruti Suzuki will stop selling diesels in India by 2020. The company will focus on EVs and mild hybrids going forward.
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- FeaturesPantera RX6 Rallycross car driven: Growing wings!
- NewsHelmet manufacturer Steelbird offers unisex face shields for adults and kids to fight COVID-19
- News2020 Hyundai Creta remains India's best-selling SUV in June
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block