Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS bookings open in India
We are just a few days away from the launch of Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS in India. The Baleno RS is one of the important cars from Maruti Suzuki for multiple reasons. It is the first time that the company is bringing a performance-centric car. Secondly, it debuts the Boosterjet motor in India which is Suzuki's first turbocharged motor in the country.
Maruti Suzuki had first showcased the Baleno RS concept at the 2016 Auto Expo wherein it did draw attention but not as much as the Ignis crossover. Presently, the sub-Rs 15 lakh performance hatch segment in India has the Volkswagen Polo GT and the Fiat Punto Abarth. The Baleno RS will compete with these two offerings with its new 1.0-litre 3-cylinder Boosterjet turbo-petrol engine. The performance figures for the same is believed to be around 112PS and 175Nm, 28PS and 60Nm more than the regular version.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS will be manufactured at the Manesar plant along with the regular models. We also believe that the company might look at manufacturing the Baleno at its Gujarat plant that will bring down the long waiting period of 6-7 months. Since there is no confirmation from Maruti Suzuki on this, we believe the RS too will have a similar waiting period.
Maruti Suzuki's Nexa dealerships have started accepting bookings for the Baleno RS for a token amount of Rs 11,000 which is also refundable. We expect Maruti Suzuki to price the Baleno RS competitively between Rs 8.5-9 lakh.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019