Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS prices cut by Rs 1 lakh
Maruti Suzuki has cut prices of the top-spec Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS by Rs one lakh. The hatch was earlier selling at Rs 8.89 lakh ex-showroom, but discounts have dropped this to Rs 7.89 lakh. This part of a larger initiative by Maruti Suzuki to boost demand during the lucrative festive, given the dull buyer sentiment that's plagued the industry for an extended period now.
This cut drops prices of the RS to about as much as that of a standard top-spec Baleno petrol. This cut may also mean that Maruti Suzuki might not make a BSVI version of the Baleno RS when those norms kick in, and this is a possible stock-clearance measure.
Powering the 2019 Baleno RS is the Boosterjet petrol engine that produces 102PS/150Nm, which is an addition of 19PS/35Nm over the four-cylinder naturally aspirated 1.2-litre petrol engine of the regular car. This engine is mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The engine though makes 8PS more in the international models. Rear disc brakes are also offered. The 2019 Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS competes with the likes of Volkswagen GT TSI and also the Fiat Punto Abarth.
The RS was updated sometime back along with the regular Baleno and got a restyled front bumper that came with a large air dam and tweaked fog lamp housings. The new bumper design makes the Baleno RS look wider from front. Additionally, it also comes with smoked finish two-tone 16-inch alloy wheels. The cabin of the 2019 Baleno RS comes with new-generation Smartplay Studio infotainment system with a new 17.78cm touchscreen unit.
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Suzuki launches the 'Suzuki at your doorstep' service
- NewsDatsun Redi-Go: All you need to know
- FeaturesFive tips on Interior Car Care
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers recorded a sale of 54,820 units in May 2020
- NewsFormula 1 announces eight-round European leg for the 2020 season
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!