Maruti Suzuki Baleno sells over 2 lakh units in 20 months
Since its October 2015 launch, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has held its own in the market, averaging 10,000 units per month. It also managed to cross the 2 lakh-unit mark in 20 months. Over 64,000 units of the Baleno have been exported to more than 100 countries, including Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and several parts of Europe and Latin America. Under the Make in India mission, this is the first car from Maruti Suzuki to be exported to Japan.
RS Kalsi, executive director - marketing and sales, Maruti Suzuki, stated that the company is very proud of the success of the Baleno. He added, "The car was made with the global customers in mind and was meant to not only dominate but improve the premium hatchback market." He later thanked the customers for their patience due to the high delivery times on the Baleno.
Maruti Suzuki had launched the more driver-focussed Baleno RS on March 3, 2017. It debuts Suzuki's 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine and comes with a number of upgrades for a better ride quality and performance. The standard Maruti Suzuki Baleno continues to be offered with 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre turbo-diesel options. The Baleno also comes with safety features like dual airbags and ABS with EBD as standard.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show