Maruti Suzuki Baleno Zeta automatic launched in India at Rs 7.47 lakh
Maruti Suzuki has launched the automatic transmission in the Zeta petrol variant of its premium hatchback, the Baleno. It is priced at Rs 7.47lakh (ex-Delhi). The CVT gearbox was only available in the lower-spec Delta trim initially as Maruti Suzuki aimed at pricing it at an affordable range. This model, however, missed out on a lot of creature comforts which made it difficult for the Baleno to compete with other automatic rivals.
The Zeta spec of the Baleno gets alloy wheels, fog lamps, telescopic steering, automatic headlamps with follow me home function, keyless entry and go, height adjustable driver's seat, auto dimming rear view mirror, TFT multi information display in the instrument console, leather wrapped steering wheel and an armrest in between the front seats which also doubles up as a storage bin. With these features and a price tag that's Rs 65,000 cheaper than the Honda Jazz in the V trim, the Baleno Zeta CVT has got a substantial advantage.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno has been an instant hit amongst the populace in the country. Despite being available only through the Nexa dealerships, the car commands a 7-8 month waiting period. The Baleno has an appealing design and good interior space. The top spec Alpha variant is specced with a host of goodies which include automatic projector headlamps and a touch screen infotainment system which also supports Apple CarPlay. What also works in the car's favour is the pricing, which is lower than many of its rivals. It's a formula that seems to be working for Maruti Suzuki, for sure. The upcoming Maruti Suzuki plant in Gujarat will be a respite for many prospective customers as waiting periods are expected to go down significantly.
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block