Maruti Suzuki begins accepting bookings for the Baleno hatchback in India
Maruti Suzuki has revived theBaleno label in India - this time as apremium hatchback thatwill hit showrooms in India onOctober 26, 2015. The Nexa dealerships from Maruti have already started accepting bookings for the car at Rs 11,000. The Maruti Suzuki Balenowill be on display at these dealerships from October 13.
TheBaleno hatchback will be availablewith a 1.2-litre K12M petrol engine that makes84.3PS of power and 115Nm of torque. The 1.3-litre diesel enginethough makesonly 75PS of power and 190Nm of torque. These figures are similar to the current Maruti Swift. However, unlike the Swift, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno will also get the option of a CVT paired to the petrol, besides the manual transmission. The ground clearance of the Baleno stands at 170mm while it measures 3995mmx1745mmx1500mm.
The Maruti Balenowill be launched in four trims with ABS, EBD and dual front airbags as standard. Just like the other Nexa offering, the S-Cross, the Baleno trims are namedSigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sigma
Front power windows, body coloured bumpers, power steering with tilt function, manual AC, central locking, 15-inch steel wheels and gear shift indicator.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta
Climate control, electrically adjustable ORVMs with turn indicators, rear parking sensors, power windows for front and rear, rear wiper, Bluetooth-enabled music system, steering mounted controls, wheel caps, keyless entry and CVT.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Zeta
Tilt and telescopic steering, height adjustable driver's seat, front fog lamps, automatic headlamps and LED DRLs, 16-inch alloy wheels and leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha
Projector headlamps, SmartPlay infotainment system and reverse camera.
The Maruti Baleno will compete with the likes of the Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo and Hyundai Elite i20 which is the current segment leader.
Also from OVERDRIVE:
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review