Maruti Suzuki captures over 50 per cent market share in passenger vehicles sales during August 2017
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd sold 1.52 lakh car in the month of August, capturing a 50.87 per cent market share in passenger vehicles (PV). This is the first time Maruti Suzuki has managed this feat since international competition arrived in India, nearly two decades ago. During August 2017, Maruti Suzuki also sold 11,000 cars in the international market to take its total sales in the month to 1.63 lakh units. The company aims for average monthly sales to be 2 million units by 2020. August was also a month of change in sales trends when the Maruti Suzuki Dzire overtook the popular Alto to top the monthly sales chart. Maruti Suzuki will also launch the 2017 S-Cross facelift on September 28.
Last month the Maruti Suzuki Dzire overtook the Alto to top sales charts.
While "Maruti Suzuki has retained its top spot in sales, its market share in PV segment had fallen to 38.27 per cent in 2011-12", from when it began a steady climb back to to its dominant position. Maruti Suzuki senior executive director RS Kalsi said that they are confident on ending the year with 50 per cent market share. The company will launch seven new vehicles, both brand new and refresh models, in the next three years.
Maruti Suzuki has been overhauling all it's sales and service points with the Arena dealerships being the latest, preceded by revamping its True Value used car business, premium Nexa dealerships, and its commercial vehicles arm. Looking to the future, the company has also begun work on a lithium-ion battery plant in Gujarat which will power electric vehicles.
Source: Times of India
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
- NewsWorld Environment Day: Hyundai India emphasises on green mobility services adopted at dealerships
- News2020 Mini Countryman facelift unveiled globally
- NewsVolvo reports a 25.5 per cent drop in global sales in May 2020
- NewsUpdated Toyota Hilux pick-up truck revealed
- News1.4 million vehicles to be recalled by Honda over faulty fuel pump
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!