Maruti Suzuki Celerio crosses 1 lakh sales in India, ZXI variant contributes over 52 per cent
Maruti Suzuki has achieved an important milestone with its compact hatchback, the Celerio. The largest car manufacturer has recorded a sales of over 1 lakh units by selling a total of 1,03,734 units of Celerio in 2018-19. Maruti Suzuki mentions that the latest sales numbers are 10 per cent more compared to that of the previous tear. With its latest achievement, the Celerio joins the ranks of other successful offerings from Maruti Suzuki like the Alto, WagonR, Swift, Baleno, DZire and also the Vitara Brezza SUV.
Since its launch in 2014, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio has recorded a cumulative sales of nearly 4.7 lakh units. The company mentions that the ZXI trim has been responsible for over 52 per cent of sales while 31 per cent of customers opted for Auto Gear Shift variants. And lastly, 20 per cent of the sales number came from the CNG variant
"We are delighted that this glorious benchmark has been achieved by Celerio. With evolved design, technology and ease of driving, Celerio has successfully won hearts of many Indian customers. It was the first car to democratize two-pedal technology and the recent upgrade in its safety features has significantly enhanced its appeal as the perfect city car. Based on customer feedback, we have continuously provided new contemporary features in Celerio to keep them delighted." stated, R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director - Marketing & Sales at Maruti Suzuki India Limited.
All variants of Celerio now have new safety features like Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), driver airbag, Reverse Parking Assist System (RPAS), driver and co-driver seat belt reminder and high speed alert system as standard.
Starts Rs 4.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer 300/GSX-S300 in works, could be launched in India
- NewsToyota Glanza, rebadged Baleno, to launch in India by July 2019
- News2019 Triumph Speed Twin to be launched in India today
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip