Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel variant discontinued in India
Maruti Suzuki dealers have confirmed that the Celerio's diesel variant has been discontinued. Fresh stocks stopped arriving since the beginning of January 2017. Although Maruti hasn't officially made the announcement, the brand's website isn't listing the Celerio diesel's price. The petrol variant of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio is selling in fairly decent numbers, especially with the AMT. However, the market was never too inclined towards buying the diesel variant. This could have been because the in-house developed 2-cylinder diesel engine lacked the refinement and performance expected of a car in its segment.
Additionally, it did have a slightly heavy asking price, starting at Rs 5.42 lakh (ex-Delhi). Once the Tata Tiago was launched, at an extremely competitive price with a host of new features, the market was quickly drawn away from the Celerio. The Celerio diesel offered all the goodies only in the top-spec ZDI(O) trim was a deterrent for many as it was priced exorbitantly.
That said, the Celerio diesel did offer excellent efficiency. In our test, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel returned a very impressive 19.1kmpl in the city and 27.2kmpl on the highway, giving it an overall efficiency figure of 21.12kmpl. The 2-cylinder diesel engine was turbocharged and produced 47.5PS of power at 3,500rpm and 125Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. This is the same engine that the Maruti Suzuki Super Carry commercial vehicle uses.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option