Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel variant discontinued in India
Maruti Suzuki dealers have confirmed that the Celerio's diesel variant has been discontinued. Fresh stocks stopped arriving since the beginning of January 2017. Although Maruti hasn't officially made the announcement, the brand's website isn't listing the Celerio diesel's price. The petrol variant of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio is selling in fairly decent numbers, especially with the AMT. However, the market was never too inclined towards buying the diesel variant. This could have been because the in-house developed 2-cylinder diesel engine lacked the refinement and performance expected of a car in its segment.
Additionally, it did have a slightly heavy asking price, starting at Rs 5.42 lakh (ex-Delhi). Once the Tata Tiago was launched, at an extremely competitive price with a host of new features, the market was quickly drawn away from the Celerio. The Celerio diesel offered all the goodies only in the top-spec ZDI(O) trim was a deterrent for many as it was priced exorbitantly.
That said, the Celerio diesel did offer excellent efficiency. In our test, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel returned a very impressive 19.1kmpl in the city and 27.2kmpl on the highway, giving it an overall efficiency figure of 21.12kmpl. The 2-cylinder diesel engine was turbocharged and produced 47.5PS of power at 3,500rpm and 125Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. This is the same engine that the Maruti Suzuki Super Carry commercial vehicle uses.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show