Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel variant discontinued in India
Maruti Suzuki dealers have confirmed that the Celerio's diesel variant has been discontinued. Fresh stocks stopped arriving since the beginning of January 2017. Although Maruti hasn't officially made the announcement, the brand's website isn't listing the Celerio diesel's price. The petrol variant of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio is selling in fairly decent numbers, especially with the AMT. However, the market was never too inclined towards buying the diesel variant. This could have been because the in-house developed 2-cylinder diesel engine lacked the refinement and performance expected of a car in its segment.
Additionally, it did have a slightly heavy asking price, starting at Rs 5.42 lakh (ex-Delhi). Once the Tata Tiago was launched, at an extremely competitive price with a host of new features, the market was quickly drawn away from the Celerio. The Celerio diesel offered all the goodies only in the top-spec ZDI(O) trim was a deterrent for many as it was priced exorbitantly.
That said, the Celerio diesel did offer excellent efficiency. In our test, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel returned a very impressive 19.1kmpl in the city and 27.2kmpl on the highway, giving it an overall efficiency figure of 21.12kmpl. The 2-cylinder diesel engine was turbocharged and produced 47.5PS of power at 3,500rpm and 125Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. This is the same engine that the Maruti Suzuki Super Carry commercial vehicle uses.
Starts Rs 4.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip