Maruti Suzuki Celerio X (Celerio Cross) to be launched in India soon
Maruti Suzuki is likely working on a new variant of the Celerio. Likely to be christened the Maruti Suzuki Celerio X or Celerio Cross, this hatchback is expected to take on the Mahindra KUV100 with its slightly increased ground clearance as well as a rugged cladding. The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio X is likely to be introduced in India this festive season or could be at display at the Auto Expo 2018. In fact, Maruti Suzuki did have a Celerio Cross version at the Auto Expo 2016, however, it was only cosmetically enhanced version of the regular car and didn't have much difference from the standard Celerio. Suzuki also showcased a Celerio X at the 2016 Geneva Auto Show and that particular car is the one which is likely to come down to the Indian market too. The Suzuki Celerio X had body cladding as well as 6-spoke alloys as well as a matte finish grille. The Maruti Suzuki Celerio Cross will most likely have a 20mm increase in its ground clearance and those cosmetic bits from the Geneva show car. Maruti will retain the 69PS 1.0-litre petrol engine in this Celerio Cross. Expect the Maruti Suzuki Celerio Cross to be priced around Rs 40,000 more than the regular Celerio. ABS as well as dual airbags will be standard on the lone trim that will be on offer.
There are new alloy wheels as well as black cladding to the Celerio Cross' body
The grille of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio Cross gets black elements
The cabin of the new Maruti Celerio Cross is expected to continue without any major changes
For Maruti, the Celerio has been a steady performer for the first two years since its launch in 2014. However, sales of the car have gone down recently due to no refreshes being done to the product and with the introduction of new cars by rivals like Tata Motors. The Tata Tiago has been hogging all the limelight and there was also a recent news that the car has crossed 7,000 units this August. Once the Maruti Celerio Cross is launched, it will have a monopoly as far as hatchback-cross trims are concerned in its segment. The Tata Tiago Aktiv which was unveiled at the expo in 2016, could also be introduced this festive season, however, there still isn't any official confirmation from either of the two manufacturers in this regard.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.57 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- News2018 Drag Racing: Hemant Mudappa claims three two-wheeler titles
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June