Maruti Suzuki Ciaz aims at becoming the next segment benchmark for comfort
When Maruti Suzuki began working on the Ciaz to replace the SX4, it was rumoured that the carmaker would focus on sporty driving dynamics and aggressive styling to attract younger clientele. But as the project approaches completion and with only a few weeks left for the Ciaz to hit dealerships, word is out that the car now inclines towards becoming a segment benchmark for comfort.
Maruti Suzuki, with its massive experience of Indian road conditions, will be putting all its know-how into the Ciaz. The car has been under test for quite some time now and its ride quality is expected to be the best in class. The fourth-generation Honda City and the recently updated Hyundai Verna are currently dominating the segment, which also has significant players like the Volkswagen Vento, the Fiat Linea, the Ford Fiesta and the Skoda Rapid. While each has its own virtues ranging from lengthy feature lists and sporty dynamics to impeccable build quality and frugal engines, the Ciaz aims to achieve a balance between all of it.
How well it accomplishes its rather ambitious objective remains to be seen. We will be driving the Ciaz soon, so stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for our detailed review and subsequent updates.
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled