Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift bookings open officially across Nexa dealerships in India
Maruti Suzuki will be soon launching the updated Ciaz in India. While we had reported of some of the Nexa dealerships accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 25,000, Maruti Suzuki has officially started bookings for the 2018 Ciaz across Nexa dealerships in India. The launch of the Ciaz facelift was earlier slated for early August. The facelift will bring LED lamp integration and a slightly sharper aesthetic on the outside. The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has already been spotted undisguised. These spy shots reiterate the changes that we expect the new car to come with.
The updated sedan now comes with a sleeker front-end design. The grille is thinner and more subtle. Unlike the earlier car, there is restrained use of chrome with only a thin strip above the grille. The headlamps are reprofiled as well with new LED DRLs. The front bumper is also new as well, with C-shaped chrome inserts around the fog lamps.
Also, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift will feature the 1.5-litre petrol motor recently seen on the Indonesian-spec new Suzuki Ertiga. This new K15B motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm, increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. The 1.3-litre diesel motor will be carried over unchanged.
The silhouette of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift too looks identical to the present model, except for a slight change in alloy wheel design. To the rear, the lights and the boot design have been carried from the present model but feature new LED details. The rear bumper too has got a revision in styling in the form of new contours on the lower section. The only image of the interior of the Ciaz facelift that has been put out shows an updated dashboard. The size of the infotainment screen has got larger and even the trims look more premium. It does bear some resemblance to what is offered on the Honda Cityfacelift, that was launched earlier this year.
The updated Maruti Suzuki Ciaz looks more premium than the previous offering (Spied image: GaadiWaadi)
The Ciaz is a good seller in the C-segment space, behind the Honda City and these changes will help it stay relevant to buyers. The Honda City has undergone a facelift while the Verna has seen a generation change since the Ciaz was first launched. Prices of the facelifted Ciaz, when it launches later this year, can be expected to be a slight premium over the present car.
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review