Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched with 1.5-litre DDiS 225 diesel, prices start at Rs 9.97 lakh
Ending much speculation, Maruti Suzuki has launched its new, in-house developed 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel motor in the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz sedan. Prices for the diesel Ciaz powered by this new motor start at Rs 9.97 lakh, an increase of Rs 78,000.
The new motor is called the DDiS 225 and makes 95PS at 4,000rpm and 225Nm between 1,500rpm and 2,500rpm. The company claims that this motor is more responsive, by way of better low-end torque. It is also claimed to be more refined, given that it uses a dual mass flywheel (DMF) alongside an optimised compression ratio. The new motor is also more efficient, its aluminium casted cylinder head and block and calibration help it achieve a 26.82kmpl figure. Also debuting with this engine is a new six-speed manual transmission.
This motor replaces the 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced Multijet motor that Maruti Suzuki has been using so far. That motor put out 90PS at a similar 4,000rpm but was not quite as responsive, with the 200Nm torque coming in at a higher 1,750rpm. The Multijet motor in this DDiS 200 guise does duty in the Ertiga and Vitara Brezza too, so expect those to get the new unit in the coming months. Eventually, we also expect the brand's smaller offerings, the Swift and Baleno to also move to this engine. Also expected is the BSVI version of this engine. That is expected sometime closer to the government-mandated deadline next year and will come with a more significant price bump.
Variant-wise pricing for the Ciaz 1.5 DDiS 225:
Delta - Rs 9.97 Lakh
Zeta - Rs 11.08 Lakh
Alpha - 11.37 Lakh
(All prices ex-showroom Delhi)
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- NewsImage gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
- News2019 New York International Auto Show: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS flagship SUV unveiled
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip