2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz's Nexa variants leaked
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the 2017 Ciaz in its Nexa dealerships very soon. Ahead of the announcement, images showing the different variants of the Ciaz that will be sold in Nexa dealerships have appeared on the Internet. The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will lose the current variant names like VDi, ZXi and LDi and will adopt Nexa names - Sigma, Zeta, Delta and Alpha. The 2017 Ciaz will also get an S variant, which we presume stands for sport. This will be the top-end variant which features the sporty body kit available on the current Maruti Suzuki Ciaz RS.
Maruti is probably dropping the RS badge so that they can reserve it for performance-oriented cars like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS. Another variant in the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is called Taxi, which is targeted at fleet operators. The automatic is available as an option only with the petrol engine. However, it is available on all the variants, including the Taxi variant. Expect the launch to happen in April as Ciazs without the current variant badging have already been spotted at stockyards.
The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will get no mechanical changes when it makes its shift over to the Nexa dealerships. The petrol variant will continue to run the same 1.4-litre 4-cylinder engine which produces 92.5PS of power at 6,000rpm and 130Nm of torque at 4,000rpm. Apart from the 5-speed manual gearbox, it can be optioned with a 4-speed automatic. The diesel variant runs the same 1.3-litre turbocharged Multijet diesel engine with SHVS which produces 90PS at 4,000rpm and 200Nm at 1,750rpm. This variant gets a 5-speed manual. Recently, Maruti also made ABS, airbags and ISOFIX seats as standard features on the Ciaz.
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India