2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz's Nexa variants leaked
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the 2017 Ciaz in its Nexa dealerships very soon. Ahead of the announcement, images showing the different variants of the Ciaz that will be sold in Nexa dealerships have appeared on the Internet. The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will lose the current variant names like VDi, ZXi and LDi and will adopt Nexa names - Sigma, Zeta, Delta and Alpha. The 2017 Ciaz will also get an S variant, which we presume stands for sport. This will be the top-end variant which features the sporty body kit available on the current Maruti Suzuki Ciaz RS.
Maruti is probably dropping the RS badge so that they can reserve it for performance-oriented cars like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS. Another variant in the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is called Taxi, which is targeted at fleet operators. The automatic is available as an option only with the petrol engine. However, it is available on all the variants, including the Taxi variant. Expect the launch to happen in April as Ciazs without the current variant badging have already been spotted at stockyards.
The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will get no mechanical changes when it makes its shift over to the Nexa dealerships. The petrol variant will continue to run the same 1.4-litre 4-cylinder engine which produces 92.5PS of power at 6,000rpm and 130Nm of torque at 4,000rpm. Apart from the 5-speed manual gearbox, it can be optioned with a 4-speed automatic. The diesel variant runs the same 1.3-litre turbocharged Multijet diesel engine with SHVS which produces 90PS at 4,000rpm and 200Nm at 1,750rpm. This variant gets a 5-speed manual. Recently, Maruti also made ABS, airbags and ISOFIX seats as standard features on the Ciaz.
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh