Maruti Suzuki contributes over half of parent company's global sales
India's largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki, has contributed to over 50 per cent of Suzuki Motor Corporation's global sales during the April to December 2016 period. According to a PTI report, Suzuki Motor Corporation sold 20.83 lakh vehicles globally. Out of that, 10.61 lakh vehicles were sold in India. So, to be exact, Maruti Suzuki contributed 50.93 per cent of the parent company's global sales.
During the first nine months of the last fiscal, Suzuki Motor Corporation sold 9.72 lakh vehicles in India. In comparison, it sold 20.40 lakh vehicles globally. So India accounted for around 47.64 per cent of Suzuki's global sales. The company's consolidated operating income has increased by a 14.4 per cent to ¥167.4 billion year-on-year. It has attributed the growth to the rise in sales in India and Europe.
Suzuki Motor Corporation's net sales during the April to December 2016 period fell by 4.4 per cent compared to the corresponding period in the previous year. The company attributed this to the fall in domestic net sales in Japan. The company registered a decline in mini vehicle and OEM sales while sales of sub-compact and standard-size vehicles grew.
A day ago, Suzuki Motor Corporation and Toyota Motor Corporation announced that they have decided to jointly contribute to the development of an automobile-based society. In India, Maruti Suzuki dealers have revealed that the Celerio diesel has been discontinued. Celerio diesel units have stopped arriving from the company since the start of January 2017.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery