Maruti Suzuki Dzire overtakes Alto to top sales charts in August
The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire just went from being the highest selling sedan in the country to being the best-selling car as it overtook stablemate Maruti Suzuki Alto in sales during August 2017. The new Maruti Suzuki Dzire was launched earlier this year in petrol and diesel engine options with 7 variants each, priced from Rs 5.45 lakh to Rs 9.41 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Alto meanwhile has been Maruti Suzuki's staple best-seller in India. According to August sales numbers, the Maruti Suzuki sold 30,394 units of he Dzire, while 21.521 units of the Maruti Suzuki Alto were sold. The Dzire competes with the Ford Figo Aspire, Hyundai Xcent, Volkswagen Ameo, and Tata Tigor in the segment, none of which figured in the top 10 sellers list.
Maruti Suzuki sold 30,394 units of the Dzire in August 2017, followed by 21,251 units of the Alto
The Dzire has been a best-seller in the compact sub-4m sedan segment in recent years, but it is surprising that despite being priced nearly Rs 3 lakh more than the Alto, it has pipped the smaller sibling in sales. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is available in a 1.2-litre petrol engine and a 1.3-litre diesel engine option.
During our road test of the 2017 Dzire, we found that the Maruti Dzire excels in the ride quality department, even over its other siblings including the Baleno and Ignis, which are good handlers. One of the reasons for its high sales may be that the Maruti Suzuki Dzire variants are priced around Rs 1 lakh lower than the corresponding variants of its competition.
Maruti Suzuki has sold more than 30 lakh units of the Alto in India
After the Dzire and Alto, other Maruti Suzuki stablemates including Baleno, Vitara Brezza, WagonR and Swift make up the top 6 in the bestsellers list, followed by the Hyundai Grand i10, Hyundai i20, Hyundai Creta, and the Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.62 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac