Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV and the Ciaz sedan were recently updated with the newly developed 1.5-litre diesel engine - adhering to the stringent emission norms that will be implemented from April 2020. However, the 1.3-litre diesel engine that was doing duty in the Ertiga since its inception has been phased out, and the company only has the 1.5-litre diesel and petrol engine on offer.
The 1.3-litre diesel engine was priced almost Rs 35,000 lesser than the 1.5-litre variant. With only two engines on offer, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga now retails between Rs 7.54 - 11.20 lakh ex-showroom Delhi.
The 1.5-litre diesel engine offers 95PS at 4,000rpm and 225Nm of torque between 1,500rpm and 2,500rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The 1.5-litre petrol engine on offer produces 104PS at 6,000rpm and peak torque of 138Nm comes in at 4,000rpm. The petrol engine is coupled with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
That said, a premium version of the Ertiga will hit the Nexa dealerships by August 21, and the premium MPV will be dubbed the XL6.
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
- News2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe launched in India at Rs 1.31 crore
- NewsVintage vehicles may soon be exempt from scrappage policies
- NewsBMW to introduce wireless Android Auto in its vehicles by July 2020
- News2020 Skoda Rapid facelift unveiled in Russia
- NewsMaserati line-up in India gets Ferrari-built V6 petrol engines