Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV and the Ciaz sedan were recently updated with the newly developed 1.5-litre diesel engine - adhering to the stringent emission norms that will be implemented from April 2020. However, the 1.3-litre diesel engine that was doing duty in the Ertiga since its inception has been phased out, and the company only has the 1.5-litre diesel and petrol engine on offer.
The 1.3-litre diesel engine was priced almost Rs 35,000 lesser than the 1.5-litre variant. With only two engines on offer, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga now retails between Rs 7.54 - 11.20 lakh ex-showroom Delhi.
The 1.5-litre diesel engine offers 95PS at 4,000rpm and 225Nm of torque between 1,500rpm and 2,500rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The 1.5-litre petrol engine on offer produces 104PS at 6,000rpm and peak torque of 138Nm comes in at 4,000rpm. The petrol engine is coupled with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
That said, a premium version of the Ertiga will hit the Nexa dealerships by August 21, and the premium MPV will be dubbed the XL6.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more updates on the Maruti Suzuki XL6.
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India