Maruti Suzuki exports 1800 Balenos to Japan
Suzuki Motor Corporation in Japan will be receiving their first ever consignment of exports from their Indian arm, Maruti Suzuki. The goods in question are 1,800 Baleno hatchbacks, manufactured at Maruti's Manesar plant in Haryana and shipped from the Mundra Port in Gujarat.
The Baleno which was launched around the festive season in India, will hit Japanese showrooms in March 2016. Around 200 dealers from Japan recently visited the Manesar facility to understand the manufacturing process that goes into building the Baleno hatchback.
In India, Maruti Suzuki has received 80,000 bookings for the premium hatchback and they hope to repeat that success in the Japanese market.
At the Auto Expo 2016, Suzuki Motor Corporation president and COO said, "I am convinced that the Baleno will be the success story of Make in India, and the significance of Maruti Suzuki as the global production base will further expand."
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani