Maruti Suzuki exports 1800 Balenos to Japan
Suzuki Motor Corporation in Japan will be receiving their first ever consignment of exports from their Indian arm, Maruti Suzuki. The goods in question are 1,800 Baleno hatchbacks, manufactured at Maruti's Manesar plant in Haryana and shipped from the Mundra Port in Gujarat.
The Baleno which was launched around the festive season in India, will hit Japanese showrooms in March 2016. Around 200 dealers from Japan recently visited the Manesar facility to understand the manufacturing process that goes into building the Baleno hatchback.
In India, Maruti Suzuki has received 80,000 bookings for the premium hatchback and they hope to repeat that success in the Japanese market.
At the Auto Expo 2016, Suzuki Motor Corporation president and COO said, "I am convinced that the Baleno will be the success story of Make in India, and the significance of Maruti Suzuki as the global production base will further expand."
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019