Maruti Suzuki flags off Backwaters rally from Ooty
Maruti Suzuki India Limited flagged off the third round of Maruti Suzuki National Super League TSD Rally Championship (MS-NStsdRC) 2016, the Backwaters Rally. The rally was flagged off by Anoop Sinha, regional manager, MSIL from the Nilgiris hill station, Ooty. The rally which commences on June 17 will cover a total of 650km in a period of two days and the participants will go through the mountains and plateaus all the way to the Queen of the Arabian Sea, Kochi. The Backwaters Rally is the third of the six rallies scheduled for the MS-NStsdRC, the winner of which walks home in a brand new Vitara Brezza.
The rally will witness a total of 35 teams battling their way to victory. The current leader board has duo Karthick Maruthi and S Sankar Anand with 20 points, followed by Sachin Singh and Parkash M in second with 14 and Jagmeet Gill and Chandan Sen in third position with 12 points.
Explaining the rally, Vinay Pant, asst. vice president, marketing, MSIL, said, "With MS-NStsdRC we want to take motorsports to masses. It is aimed at encouraging motorsports in India and giving young rally enthusiasts a platform to boost their passion. The association with MS- NStsdRC rally has enabled us to reach newer destinations which were unexplored in our previous motorsport activities. Importantly, since there's no need for any customisation in the vehicle to participate in the rally the response has been encouraging. We hope the best man with the best machine wins the rally!"
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review