Maruti Suzuki has sold more than 1 lakh CNG vehicles in FY 2019-20
India's largest manufacturer Maruti Suzuki has sold 1,06,443 CNG vehicles in the country in FY 2019-20. The company debuted the CNG segment in 2010, followed by the introduction of Smart Hybrid vehicles in 2015. Maruti Suzuki's present portfolio of Smart Hybrid vehicles include Ertiga, Ciaz, S-Cross, Baleno, XL6 and the new Vitara Brezza. On the other hand, factory fitted CNG is offered on vehicles like Alto, WagonR, Eeco, Tour S, Ertiga and Super Carry. The company now intends to sell one million vehicles at a faster pace under its Mission Green Million initiative wherein the company has been proactively promoting its smart hybrids and S-CNG range of vehicles.
"The growth of CNG vehicles complements the Government of India's vision of reducing oil import and enhancing the share of natural gas in the energy basket of the country from 6.2% now to 15% by 2030. The Government is working to rapidly increase CNG fuel pumps network in the country. There has been a phenomenal growth in number of CNG stations in last six years with over 50% of growth coming in the last year alone. With government's clear focus, spread of CNG stations is set to increase significantly. Maruti Suzuki is aligned with Government's vision by strengthening and expanding its CNG product portfolio." commented, Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited.
He also added, "We see CNG as a technology that has set a new benchmark in green fuel mobility. Factory fitted S-CNG vehicles are designed to deliver optimum performance, safety, engine durability, convenience and mileage. We are committed to Mission Green Million and strive towards bringing more advanced, affordable and fuel efficient powertrain technologies for our customers."
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block