Maruti Suzuki hikes prices across range in India
In 2016, Maruti Suzuki had hiked prices across its models three times in India. The first one was in January while the second price hike was announced after the Union Budget. The third price hike was announced in August last year.
Today, Maruti Suzuki has announced a price hike ranging from Rs 1,500 to Rs 8,014 on the ex-showroom prices of all models. The country's largest carmaker has stated on it's website that the new prices have already come into effect. The carmaker has attributed the hike in car prices to the 'increase in commodity, transportation and administrative costs'.
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the Ignis in India at a starting price of Rs 4.59 lakh. The Ignis is being offered with a 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 84.3PS and 113Nm of torque and a 1.3-litre diesel engine which generates 75PS and 190Nm of torque. Both engines are available with the choice of a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.
Built on an improvised version of the Baleno platform, the Ignis comes equipped with a few segment first features like LED headlamps, LED DRLs and a touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone interfaces like Apple CarPaly and Android Auto.
Maruti Suzuki has also introduced the Swift Dzire Allure limited edition which gets cosmetic tweaks and updated interiors. The company will launch the next-gen Maruti Swift Dzire in India first followed by the all-new Swift.
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced