Maruti Suzuki hikes prices across range in India
In 2016, Maruti Suzuki had hiked prices across its models three times in India. The first one was in January while the second price hike was announced after the Union Budget. The third price hike was announced in August last year.
Today, Maruti Suzuki has announced a price hike ranging from Rs 1,500 to Rs 8,014 on the ex-showroom prices of all models. The country's largest carmaker has stated on it's website that the new prices have already come into effect. The carmaker has attributed the hike in car prices to the 'increase in commodity, transportation and administrative costs'.
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the Ignis in India at a starting price of Rs 4.59 lakh. The Ignis is being offered with a 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 84.3PS and 113Nm of torque and a 1.3-litre diesel engine which generates 75PS and 190Nm of torque. Both engines are available with the choice of a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.
Built on an improvised version of the Baleno platform, the Ignis comes equipped with a few segment first features like LED headlamps, LED DRLs and a touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone interfaces like Apple CarPaly and Android Auto.
Maruti Suzuki has also introduced the Swift Dzire Allure limited edition which gets cosmetic tweaks and updated interiors. The company will launch the next-gen Maruti Swift Dzire in India first followed by the all-new Swift.
Starts Rs 4.67 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000