Maruti Suzuki Ignis bookings open at Rs 11,000
We have told you that the new Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be launched in India on January 13, 2017. Yesterday, we revealed that the Ignis will be available in four variants - Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Now, all Nexa showrooms have begun accepting Ignis bookings for an amount of Rs 11,000. Maruti Suzuki is also accepting online bookings through its Nexa website.
The new Ignis will be the third Maruti Suzuki vehicle to be sold through Nexa dealerships. It is based on a different version of the fifth-generation platform which underpins the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The Ignis will be available with the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines which also does duty in other Maruti Suzuki vehicles.
The 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine makes 82.93PS at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of peak torque at 4,200rpm. The 1.3-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine generates 75.05PS at 4,000rpm and 190Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. The petrol-powered Ignis has a kerb weight of 825-860kg while the diesel variant has a kerb weight of 940-960kg. Maruti Suzuki claims the petrol Ignis and diesel Ignis will deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.89kmpl and 26.80kmpl respectively.
Both petrol and diesel engines will be offered with the choice of a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT. The Ignis rides on 175/65 R 15 tyres and has a turning radius of 4.7m and a fuel tank capacity of 32 litres. It measures 3,700mm in length, 1,690mm in width and 1,595mm in height.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be positioned below the Swift and is expected to be priced around Rs 5-7 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28