Maruti Suzuki Ignis bookings open at Rs 11,000
We have told you that the new Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be launched in India on January 13, 2017. Yesterday, we revealed that the Ignis will be available in four variants - Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Now, all Nexa showrooms have begun accepting Ignis bookings for an amount of Rs 11,000. Maruti Suzuki is also accepting online bookings through its Nexa website.
The new Ignis will be the third Maruti Suzuki vehicle to be sold through Nexa dealerships. It is based on a different version of the fifth-generation platform which underpins the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The Ignis will be available with the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines which also does duty in other Maruti Suzuki vehicles.
The 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine makes 82.93PS at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of peak torque at 4,200rpm. The 1.3-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine generates 75.05PS at 4,000rpm and 190Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. The petrol-powered Ignis has a kerb weight of 825-860kg while the diesel variant has a kerb weight of 940-960kg. Maruti Suzuki claims the petrol Ignis and diesel Ignis will deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.89kmpl and 26.80kmpl respectively.
Both petrol and diesel engines will be offered with the choice of a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT. The Ignis rides on 175/65 R 15 tyres and has a turning radius of 4.7m and a fuel tank capacity of 32 litres. It measures 3,700mm in length, 1,690mm in width and 1,595mm in height.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be positioned below the Swift and is expected to be priced around Rs 5-7 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- NewsNew-gen Toyota Century flagship sedan details revealed
- NewsFCA unveils Fiat Panda Waze in association with the navigation app maker
- NewsForce Gurkha Xtreme brochure leaked, technical specifications revealed
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway