Maruti Suzuki Ignis bookings open at Rs 11,000
We have told you that the new Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be launched in India on January 13, 2017. Yesterday, we revealed that the Ignis will be available in four variants - Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Now, all Nexa showrooms have begun accepting Ignis bookings for an amount of Rs 11,000. Maruti Suzuki is also accepting online bookings through its Nexa website.
The new Ignis will be the third Maruti Suzuki vehicle to be sold through Nexa dealerships. It is based on a different version of the fifth-generation platform which underpins the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The Ignis will be available with the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines which also does duty in other Maruti Suzuki vehicles.
The 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine makes 82.93PS at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of peak torque at 4,200rpm. The 1.3-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine generates 75.05PS at 4,000rpm and 190Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. The petrol-powered Ignis has a kerb weight of 825-860kg while the diesel variant has a kerb weight of 940-960kg. Maruti Suzuki claims the petrol Ignis and diesel Ignis will deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.89kmpl and 26.80kmpl respectively.
Both petrol and diesel engines will be offered with the choice of a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT. The Ignis rides on 175/65 R 15 tyres and has a turning radius of 4.7m and a fuel tank capacity of 32 litres. It measures 3,700mm in length, 1,690mm in width and 1,595mm in height.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be positioned below the Swift and is expected to be priced around Rs 5-7 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 4.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.38 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000