Maruti Suzuki Ignis crosses one lakh sales milestone
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis hatchback has crossed the one lakh sales milestone in India. The Ignis has been on sale here since January 2017 and has been a consistent seller. Its Nexa stablemates, the Baleno and Ciaz have consistently topped their segment's sales charts.
Maruti Suzuki recently updated the Ignis. Prices now start at Rs 4.79 lakh for the base Ignis sigma and goes up to Rs 7.14 lakh for the Ignis Alpha AT. All prices ex-showroom Delhi.
The changes are minor and comes soon after the Baleno hatchback also received a light facelift. The only noticeable change to the exterior are the addition of silver roof rails. on the top-spec Alpha and Zeta trim.
The big changes come through the addition of new safety features, in keep with the latest regulations. So there's a passenger-side seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensors, a speed alert system, as standard. The Ignis continues with the older Smartplay infotainment and not the Smartplay Studio setup seen on the WagonR. Other features available on the Ignis are projector headlamps with DRLs, LED tailamps, a climate control system, a Smartplay infotainment system, keyless entry and push button start, among other things.
The Ignis comes with a single petrol motor. The 1.2 litre K-series petrol motor continues with its 83PS and 113Nm. This is paired with a five-speed manual or AMT. See what you get for your money in each variant of the Ignis here.
Starts Rs 4.79 Lakhs
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer 250 street naked motorcycle spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsNissan India announces free monsoon car check-up camp till August 9
- NewsMahindra Mojo ABS reaches dealership - launch expected soon
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on rallying the new XUV300, his advanced driving academy, and his 2019 WRC2 plans
- FeaturesLego Volkswagen Beetle - the weekend build