Maruti Suzuki Ignis receives over 10,000 bookings
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis was launched in India on January 13. However, Nexa showrooms had begun accepting bookings for the car from January 1. During the launch, the manufacturer had said that the Ignis had received 6,000 bookings. Now, India's largest carmaker has revealed that the Ignis received over 10,000 bookings with six days of it's launch.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is available with a 1.2-litre K-series petrol engine and a 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine. These engines also do duty in the Maruti Suzuki Swift and the BalenoThe petrol engine makes 84.3PS of power and 113Nm of torque. The Ignis diesel makes 75PS of power and 190Nm of torque. Both engines are offered with a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT.
The Ignis is being offered in four variants-Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. It comes equipped with front airbags and anti-lock brakes (ABS) as standard fitment. It gets some segment first features like LED daytime running lamps, LED headlamps and a touchscreen infotainment system that provides smartphone interfaces like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The Ignis is also being offered with a wide range of accessories. Buyers can choose from 12 seat cover options and five door mat options. Maruti is also offering a touchscreen infotainment system for the rear passengers.
Currently, the Ignis petrol has a waiting period of up to eight weeks while the Ignis diesel has a waiting period of around 11 weeks.
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018