Maruti Suzuki increases production of the Vitara Brezza in India
The Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza seems to have set the sales chart on fire. The new compact SUV has received over 37,000 bookings and the company has already dispatched over 5,500 units last month. Bookings for the Vitara Brezza had begun on March 8, 2016. The company has also ramped up the production capacity, from 80,000 units to 1,00,000 units annually. It seeks t0 reduce waiting periods, a problem that it currently also faces with the Baleno. The Vitara Brezza is available at a starting price of Rs 6.99lakh (ex-Delhi).
It gets the tried and tested 1.3-litre diesel motor that produces 90PS at 4,000rpm and 200Nm at 1,750rpm. There is no word as of now but expect Maruti Suzuki to plonk the same, 110PS petrol motor that it plans to introduce the Baleno RS with.We have tested and compared the Vitara Brezza with the TUV300 and the Ford Ecosport. You can read about it here.
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block