Maruti Suzuki India is updating SmartPlay infotainment system with Android Auto
Maruti Suzuki has introduced Android Auto as part of an update to its SmartPlay infotainment system. Dealers are reportedly calling customers to bring their cars to get the infotainment system updated. It may be recollected that SmartPlay system came with the Ciaz and used to support only Apple CarPlay. Both the Ignis as well as the new Dzire had Android Auto from the onset. Along with Android Auto, dealers will also update the navigation system with new maps. You can check more details of the map updation here.
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay basically project vital apps on the related smartphone onto the car's touchscreen system. This makes it easier for the passengers to view the messages or even call someone using the car's Bluetooth connectivity. However, both the iOS and Android applications require the use of a USB cable.
If you've a Maruti car equipped with SmartPlay infotainment system, rush to the nearest service centre to get the update done. Currently, the SmartPlay infotainment is available with the Ertiga, Vitara Brezza, Baleno and S-Cross.
Apart from Maruti, Volkswagen Group and Hyundai offer the added advantage of MirrorLink. MirrorLink, however, works only with a few phones based on the Android platform and Nokia devices.
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car