Maruti Suzuki India is updating SmartPlay infotainment system with Android Auto
Maruti Suzuki has introduced Android Auto as part of an update to its SmartPlay infotainment system. Dealers are reportedly calling customers to bring their cars to get the infotainment system updated. It may be recollected that SmartPlay system came with the Ciaz and used to support only Apple CarPlay. Both the Ignis as well as the new Dzire had Android Auto from the onset. Along with Android Auto, dealers will also update the navigation system with new maps. You can check more details of the map updation here.
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay basically project vital apps on the related smartphone onto the car's touchscreen system. This makes it easier for the passengers to view the messages or even call someone using the car's Bluetooth connectivity. However, both the iOS and Android applications require the use of a USB cable.
If you've a Maruti car equipped with SmartPlay infotainment system, rush to the nearest service centre to get the update done. Currently, the SmartPlay infotainment is available with the Ertiga, Vitara Brezza, Baleno and S-Cross.
Apart from Maruti, Volkswagen Group and Hyundai offer the added advantage of MirrorLink. MirrorLink, however, works only with a few phones based on the Android platform and Nokia devices.
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block