Maruti Suzuki introduces the 2020 Eeco at a price of Rs 4.64 lakh
Maruti Suzuki introduces the 2020 BSVI Eeco with CNG powertrain. The 2020 Eeco BS6 CNG variant is equipped factory fitted S-CNG with four variants on offer and the lowest variant costs Rs 4.64 lakh (ex-showroom) and the top variant is for Rs 5.06 lakh (ex-showroom). The Eeco was launched first in January 2010 and it has crossed a 6.7 lakh unit sales with an 87% market share. The Eeco is offered in 12 variants with 5-seater, 7-seater, cargo and ambulance options. The Eeco comes with ABS with EBD, driver airbag, reverse parking sensor, driver and co-driver seat belt reminder and a high-speed alert system.
Maruti Suzuki announced its Mission Green Million at the Auto Expo and the introduction of the BSVI Eeco with CNG option goes hand-in-hand with that plan. Maruti Suzuki has sold one million green vehicles which includes CNG and smart hybrid vehicles, the company plans to sell another million in the next couple of years which comes under its mission green million initiative. The mission green million also is aligned with the government's initiative to reduce oil imports and increase the natural gas consumption in the country. At present the natural gas consumption is 6.2% and the aim is for 15% by 2030. The government is trying to multiply the number of CNG stations in the country, a good 101% of growth is recorded in this fiscal year with 259 stations already added.
Shashank Srivastava, executive director of marketing and sales at Maruti Suzuki said "Eeco has established a strong foothold with its excellent mileage, best-in-segment comfort, space and power, at a low maintenance cost. Offering best in class safety, its all-purpose built is ideal for versatile use. The multi-purpose van has earned the distinction of being ideal for family travel, while simultaneously being a dependable business vehicle. Taking forward its legacy, Eeco BS6 S-CNG is designed to deliver optimum performance, safety, engine durability, convenience and mileage."
Starts Rs 3.81 Lakhs
- NewsNew-gen Genesis G80 sedan unveiled, to rival BMW 5-Series, Audi A6 and Mercedes-Benz E Class
- NewsBYD unveils its fire and explosion resistant Blade battery
- NewsSpec Comparo: 2020 Hyundai Verna vs Honda City vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Validity of driving license and other documents extended until 30th June
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hero Group to contribute Rs.100 Crore towards Covid-19 relief
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055