Maruti Suzuki is the 2015 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Manufacturer Of The Year (four-wheelers)
2014 was a big year for India's biggest carmaker. Maruti Suzuki India launched a range of new products including three all-new cars. In a tough year for the car market, Maruti not only led from the front, but everyone else became smaller in their mirrors. They started with the Celerio - sold out - which introduced the Automated Manual Transmission to India. Then came the Ciaz which took on the Honda.
The Alto K10 marked the third all-new car from Maruti this year and the powerful K-Next engine made it India's top-selling car. It's this amazing run at the front and Maruti Suzuki's unchallenged lead that makes it our Manufacturer Of The Year.
2015 will also mark the debut of new SUVs and variants of existing products from the Indian carmaker - not to forget, the introduction of their homegrown diesel powerplants is also slotted for this year. A serious contender for the 2016 OVERDRIVE awards then? You bet.
Read all about the CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE award winners in the other categories:
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 90.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2,35,735
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18