Maruti Suzuki is the 2015 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Manufacturer Of The Year (four-wheelers)
2014 was a big year for India's biggest carmaker. Maruti Suzuki India launched a range of new products including three all-new cars. In a tough year for the car market, Maruti not only led from the front, but everyone else became smaller in their mirrors. They started with the Celerio - sold out - which introduced the Automated Manual Transmission to India. Then came the Ciaz which took on the Honda.
The Alto K10 marked the third all-new car from Maruti this year and the powerful K-Next engine made it India's top-selling car. It's this amazing run at the front and Maruti Suzuki's unchallenged lead that makes it our Manufacturer Of The Year.
2015 will also mark the debut of new SUVs and variants of existing products from the Indian carmaker - not to forget, the introduction of their homegrown diesel powerplants is also slotted for this year. A serious contender for the 2016 OVERDRIVE awards then? You bet.
Read all about the CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE award winners in the other categories:
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 90.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2,44,735
Starts Rs 1,00,212
- NewsMotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo announces retirement at the end of 2019 season
- NewsThe McLaren Elva is the company's lightest ever road car, and promises to be its most visceral
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber to be launched in India tomorrow
- NewsBSVI Honda SP 125 launched in India - Prices start at Rs 72,900
- News2020 Tata Altroz spotted testing ahead of December 3 unveiling