Maruti Suzuki is the 2015 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Manufacturer Of The Year (four-wheelers)
2014 was a big year for India's biggest carmaker. Maruti Suzuki India launched a range of new products including three all-new cars. In a tough year for the car market, Maruti not only led from the front, but everyone else became smaller in their mirrors. They started with the Celerio - sold out - which introduced the Automated Manual Transmission to India. Then came the Ciaz which took on the Honda.
The Alto K10 marked the third all-new car from Maruti this year and the powerful K-Next engine made it India's top-selling car. It's this amazing run at the front and Maruti Suzuki's unchallenged lead that makes it our Manufacturer Of The Year.
2015 will also mark the debut of new SUVs and variants of existing products from the Indian carmaker - not to forget, the introduction of their homegrown diesel powerplants is also slotted for this year. A serious contender for the 2016 OVERDRIVE awards then? You bet.
Read all about the CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE award winners in the other categories:
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 90.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2,35,735
Starts Rs 77,015
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car