Maruti Suzuki organizes service campaign for 52,686 units of new-gen Swift and Baleno
Maruti Suzuki has issued a service campaign for 52,686 units of the new-gen Swift and the Baleno in India to inspect for a possible fault in the brake vacuum hose. While the internet has articles mentioning it to be a recall by Maruti Suzuki, the company has clearly denied it. As per the official definition by SIAM, a recall is done when "Action for such cases in which performance of vehicle does not conform or has possibility of not conforming to vehicle regulations or will affect the safety, of the occupants" whereas a service campaign is concerned with the "action for such cases which do not infringe vehicle regulation or will not affect the safety of occupants however this will cause a potential inconvenience to the customer."
The service campaign deals with the vehicles manufactured between 1st December 2017 and 16th March 2018 will be covered in this campaign. The company states that from 14th May 2018 onwards, the owners of the vehicles included in this service campaign will be contacted by dealers for inspection and replacement of the faulty part. The inspection and replacement will be done free of cost for the customer. The possible side effect due to a fault in the brake vacuum hose affects the pedal feel. However, the braking performance remains unaffected.
The company states that the customers of new Swift and Baleno are requested to fill in the chassis number (MBH followed by 14 digit alpha-numeric number) on this link.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP
- NewsBentley Motors enters 100th year with the premiere of a short film
- NewsRenault Kwid fails ASEAN NCAP safety test, gets a zero-star rating
- NewsTata 45X based premium hatchback to launch in India by the 2019 festive season
- News2018 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport launched at Rs 46.60 lakh
- NewsAnalysis: Kawasaki to localise Ninja 300 for better pricing?