Maruti Suzuki organizes service campaign for 52,686 units of new-gen Swift and Baleno
Maruti Suzuki has issued a service campaign for 52,686 units of the new-gen Swift and the Baleno in India to inspect for a possible fault in the brake vacuum hose. While the internet has articles mentioning it to be a recall by Maruti Suzuki, the company has clearly denied it. As per the official definition by SIAM, a recall is done when "Action for such cases in which performance of vehicle does not conform or has possibility of not conforming to vehicle regulations or will affect the safety, of the occupants" whereas a service campaign is concerned with the "action for such cases which do not infringe vehicle regulation or will not affect the safety of occupants however this will cause a potential inconvenience to the customer."
The service campaign deals with the vehicles manufactured between 1st December 2017 and 16th March 2018 will be covered in this campaign. The company states that from 14th May 2018 onwards, the owners of the vehicles included in this service campaign will be contacted by dealers for inspection and replacement of the faulty part. The inspection and replacement will be done free of cost for the customer. The possible side effect due to a fault in the brake vacuum hose affects the pedal feel. However, the braking performance remains unaffected.
The company states that the customers of new Swift and Baleno are requested to fill in the chassis number (MBH followed by 14 digit alpha-numeric number) on this link.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show