Maruti Suzuki recalls 75,419 Balenos and 1,961 Swift Dzires in India
Maruti Suzuki has recalled 75,419 Baleno models along with 1,961 Swift Dzire models in India. As per reports, the company is recalling the cars to upgrade airbag controller software, present on these models. Out of these cars, 15,995 diesel Balenos manufactured between August 3, 2015 and March 22, 2016 will also be inspected to replace a faulty fuel filter. The Baleno recall list also covers 17, 231 units of exports. 1,961 Swift Dzire diesel AGS models are also found to have a faulty fuel filter. These would also be attended for inspection and replacement for the same.
Maruti dealers will contact the affected owners starting 31 May, 2016. The company states that the airbag software upgrade and replacement of faulty fuel filter would be done free of cost. The customers can visit the company's website and punch in the VIN to verify whether their vehicle is affected by the recall under this or not.
Maurti Suzuki had launched Baleno back in October, 2015. The Baleno comes with two engine options the 75PS/190Nm 1.3-litre turbo diesel engine and the 84PS/115Nm 1.2-litre petrol engine. The Swift Dzire already crossed the 10-lakh units in July 2015. It currently comes with a choice of two engines a 1.2-litre petrol mill and a 1.3-litre diesel unit. The diesel unit puts out 75PS of power at 4,000rpm and 190Nm of max torque at 2,000rpm.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh