Maruti Suzuki rolls out BSVI compliant Swift and WagonR hatchbacks
Maruti Suzuki has launched BSVI compliant petrol versions of its popular Maruti Suzuki Swift and Maruti Suzuki WagonR hatchbacks. The carmaker is one of the earliest to meet these norms in this segment. The deadline for BSVI compliance is April 2020.
As a result of the additional components that need to be added to make these engines pass the new standards, prices of both cars have gone up. The Swift petrol now costs between Rs 5.14 and Rs 8.89 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. Earlier, the hatchback was priced between Rs 4.99 and Rs 7.85 lakh. The WagonR has seen similar hikes too. All variants of the 1.2-litre WagonR will see price hikes while the 1.0-litre WagonR's prices have also been raised. It'll now be priced between Rs 4.34 and Rs 5.33 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi.
The Swift petrol is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol motor which makes 83PS/115Nm, paired with either a five-speed manual or AMT. The WagonR gets two petrol options. The 1.2-litre is the same as that in the Swift while the K10B 1.0-litre motor makes 68PS and 90Nm.
It is expected that Maruti Suzuki will bring these BSVI updates to the 1.5-litre petrol motor from the Ciaz and Ertiga soon. Given that the 1.3-litre Multijet diesels aren't being revised for BSVI, and Maruti pulling out of diesel cars altogether in the near future, the S-Cross can be expected to get this petrol powerplant as well.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki WagonR First Drive Video
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut