Maruti Suzuki S-Cross bookings open in India
Maruti Suzuki has started accepting bookings for the soon to be launched S-Cross that we recently reviewed. This crossover is another attempt at the premium segment by Maruti Suzuki after the Kizashi and Grand Vitara failed to hit the mark.
The S-Cross will be offered with two Fiat-sourced MultiJet diesel engines and no petrol variants. The 1.3-litre DDiS engine that it shares with the Ciaz and Ertiga is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and produces 90PS and 200Nm of torque. Maruti claims that this variant will go from 0-100kmph in 13.2 seconds and deliver 23.65kmpl. The 120PS 1.6-litre DDiS motor which is new to the Indian market is coupled to a 6-speed manual gearbox and has a claimed 0-100 time of 11.3 seconds and has a fuel economy of 22.7kmpl. The S-Cross will be offered in four trims Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Features include cruise control, all-wheel disc brakes, HID automatic headlamps and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The launch is expected to happen in early August with the sales and delivery being handled by a network of Nexa showrooms which, Maruti Suzuki says, will give a premium automotive experience to the customers. All told, we expect the S-Cross' ex-showroom prices to be between Rs 8.5 lakh and Rs 11 lakh. The booking amount for the S-Cross is Rs 11,000.
More from OVERDRIVE on the S-Cross:
Starts Rs 8.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review