Maruti Suzuki S-Cross bookings open in India
Maruti Suzuki has started accepting bookings for the soon to be launched S-Cross that we recently reviewed. This crossover is another attempt at the premium segment by Maruti Suzuki after the Kizashi and Grand Vitara failed to hit the mark.
The S-Cross will be offered with two Fiat-sourced MultiJet diesel engines and no petrol variants. The 1.3-litre DDiS engine that it shares with the Ciaz and Ertiga is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and produces 90PS and 200Nm of torque. Maruti claims that this variant will go from 0-100kmph in 13.2 seconds and deliver 23.65kmpl. The 120PS 1.6-litre DDiS motor which is new to the Indian market is coupled to a 6-speed manual gearbox and has a claimed 0-100 time of 11.3 seconds and has a fuel economy of 22.7kmpl. The S-Cross will be offered in four trims Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Features include cruise control, all-wheel disc brakes, HID automatic headlamps and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The launch is expected to happen in early August with the sales and delivery being handled by a network of Nexa showrooms which, Maruti Suzuki says, will give a premium automotive experience to the customers. All told, we expect the S-Cross' ex-showroom prices to be between Rs 8.5 lakh and Rs 11 lakh. The booking amount for the S-Cross is Rs 11,000.
More from OVERDRIVE on the S-Cross:
Starts Rs 8.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled