Maruti Suzuki S-Cross diesel facelift to get SHVS in India
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift is expected to be launched on September 26, 2017. The Maruti S-Cross facelift was unveiled last year and has been spotted testing on multiple occasions on Indian soil.
The facelift brings in an aggressive grille and stance as well as an engine update
While the facelift brings in an aggressive grille and stance, it also brings along an engine change. Not a major one though. The 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced DDiS will now come with Smart Hybrid Vehicle System (SHVS). This mild hybrid system switches off the vehicle's engine when the gear lever is slotted into neutral during heavy traffic conditions. Once the driver depresses the clutch, the engine springs back to life. Maruti Suzuki had already been using this technique on the Ciaz and Ertiga. It is expected to give around a 10 per cent increase in fuel efficiency. Maruti also has discontinued the 1.6-litre diesel engine, again sourced from Fiat. Sources say that this more powerful engine made the S-Cross more expensive and hence customers would shy away from it. Also the engine was imported, adding to the cost.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift though is unlikely to be offered with a petrol engine as reported earlier. A source says that during internal studies, it was observed that buyers in this segment prefer a diesel SUV than a petrol and hence investing in a new petrol engine didn't make sense. Currently dealers are offering a Rs 20,000 exchange bonus on the S-Cross. Most of them are also accepting bookings for the new S-Cross. Expect the new S-Cross to have a hike in its price by around Rs 7,000.
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors