Maruti Suzuki S-Cross to be launched in India on August 5, 2015
Maruti's all-new compact crossover, the S-Cross will be launched in India on August 5. The much-awaited crossover will be sold through new Nexa dealerships which will sell only premium products from Maruti Suzuki.
The S-Cross in its second generation (first for India though), will come with a choice of two diesel engines only. The engines in question, both have been borrowed from Fiat. The familiar 1.3-litre variable geometry MultiJet engine makes 90PS/200Nm while the new 1.6-litre MultiJet or DDiS as Maruti calls it, produces 120PS/320Nm. The engines are mated to 5- and 6-speed manual transmissions respectively. Maruti claims a 0-100kmph time of 13.2s for the lower spec engine and 11.3s for the higher one. The claimed fuel efficiency of the 1.3 DDiS is 23.65kmpl while the 1.6 DDiS ranks in a shade lower at 22.7kmpl. Both the engines come in a front-wheel drive configuration. Maruti may launch an AWD S-Cross SUV at a later date.
The features list of the new Maruti S-Cross includes LED DRLs, rain sensing wipers, 7-inch colour hi-res touchscreen infotainment, navigation, reverse camera with parking sensors and much more. The Maruti S-Cross will be up against the Renault Duster, Ford EcoSport and the new Hyundai Creta.
More from OVERDRIVE on the S-Cross:
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8 Lakhs
- NewsKTM 790 Duke's Bajaj Auto finance scheme explained - launched in India for Rs 8.63 lakhs
- News2019 KTM 790 Duke launched in India - Priced at Rs 8.63 lakh
- NewsLive Updates: KTM 790 Duke launching in India today
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso Micro SUV teased ahead of its India launch on September 30
- NewsFreak accident results in death of three at Rally of Jodhpur