Maruti Suzuki S-Cross will be sold through new Nexa dealerships
With the bookings for the S-Cross open and the launch all set for the first week of August, the S-Cross' delivery will be handled by a chain of Nexa showrooms, which is Maruti's new premium car dealership. Maruti plans to sell its range of premium products through these showrooms, when they are released in India. Initially, Maruti Suzuki had planned on offering the Ciaz through this dealership, but for now they seem to be sticking just to the S-Cross. This move by Maruti is an attempt to break into the premium market and widen its target group of customers.
Maruti Suzuki has been looking to set up these Nexa showrooms in prime real estate locations across the country. 30 showrooms are said to go live with their operations within the next few weeks and sources say that one such dealership will likely be opened in Andheri, Mumbai. The company plans to set up 100 Nexa dealerships by the end of the financial year and they are looking to increase its control over the market by entering new segments. The launch of the Maruti S-Cross and the establishment of the Nexa dealerships are the first steps set by the company towards achieving its goal of selling two million units annually by 2020.
The ambience that will be offered by the Nexa dealerships are said to be that of a premium carmaker's, offering an entirely different layout than the usual Maruti showrooms. These dealerships are expected to offer services such as a mobile workshop to visit the customer's residence as well as a pick-up and drop service. The first Nexa dealership will be inaugurated on July 23 in Mumbai.
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani