Maruti Suzuki S-Cross will be sold through new Nexa dealerships
With the bookings for the S-Cross open and the launch all set for the first week of August, the S-Cross' delivery will be handled by a chain of Nexa showrooms, which is Maruti's new premium car dealership. Maruti plans to sell its range of premium products through these showrooms, when they are released in India. Initially, Maruti Suzuki had planned on offering the Ciaz through this dealership, but for now they seem to be sticking just to the S-Cross. This move by Maruti is an attempt to break into the premium market and widen its target group of customers.
Maruti Suzuki has been looking to set up these Nexa showrooms in prime real estate locations across the country. 30 showrooms are said to go live with their operations within the next few weeks and sources say that one such dealership will likely be opened in Andheri, Mumbai. The company plans to set up 100 Nexa dealerships by the end of the financial year and they are looking to increase its control over the market by entering new segments. The launch of the Maruti S-Cross and the establishment of the Nexa dealerships are the first steps set by the company towards achieving its goal of selling two million units annually by 2020.
The ambience that will be offered by the Nexa dealerships are said to be that of a premium carmaker's, offering an entirely different layout than the usual Maruti showrooms. These dealerships are expected to offer services such as a mobile workshop to visit the customer's residence as well as a pick-up and drop service. The first Nexa dealership will be inaugurated on July 23 in Mumbai.
Starts Rs 8.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019