Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG spotted testing
A set of spy images have appeared which show what could be the CNG version of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso mini-SUV. The car is currently available with only a petrol model, but given that Maruti Suzuki plans to bring in a CNG-version for all its entry-level cars, the S-Presso could also get the same treatment.
The petrol S-Presso is powered by the 1.0-litre K10B three-cylinder motor that makes 68PS and 90 Nm. This is paired with either a five-speed manual or AMT transmission. The CNG variant could see a slight dip in these outputs. The Celerio CNG, for instance, makes 60PS and 78 Nm. We expect the CNG S-Presso to return over 30 km/kg and come with 10 kg CNG tank. The petrol-powered S-Presso has a mileage of 21.7 kmpl of the VXi and AMT versions and 21.4 kmpl for the base trims.
The S-Presso competes with the Renault Kwid and Mahindra KUV100. Only the fleet version of the Mahindra gets a CNG option. Prices for the S-Presso start at Rs 3.69 lakh for the Standard version and goes up to Rs 4.91 lakh for the VXi+ AGS version, both ex-showroom, Delhi.
Starts Rs 3.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
- News2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe launched in India at Rs 1.31 crore
- NewsVintage vehicles may soon be exempt from scrappage policies
- NewsBMW to introduce wireless Android Auto in its vehicles by July 2020
- News2020 Skoda Rapid facelift unveiled in Russia
- NewsMaserati line-up in India gets Ferrari-built V6 petrol engines