Maruti Suzuki sells over 3 lakh BSVI cars in seven months in India
Within a span of seven months, Maruti Suzuki has managed to sell 3 lakh units of BSVI compliant vehicles. Close to lakh units of Maruti Suzuki BSVI vehicles were sold in the month of October 2019. The news comes after Maruti Suzuki announces a cumulative sale figure of 6.5 lakh units of the Baleno hatchback since its launch four years ago
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, "We are delighted to announce that Maruti Suzuki crossed the milestone sales figure of 3 lakh BS6 vehicles in a short span of 7 months. Of this, close to one lakh vehicles were sold during the month of October owing to the festive demand. These figures are very encouraging and reflect on Maruti Suzuki cars being preferred choice of people, and indicate towards trust placed in our products. With the largest range of BS6 vehicles on offer, Maruti Suzuki cars have garnered widespread acceptance."
Currently, the BSVI portfolio of Maruti Suzuki is made of Alto 800, Baleno, WagonR, Swift, Dzire, Ertiga, XL6 and the S-Presso. While the Ciaz is yet to comply with the stringent emission norms.
"Initially, there was some confusion in the minds of the consumers regarding the transition from BS4 to BS6. To provide clarity, we rolled out several awareness initiatives to communicate the advantages of adopting BS6 technology. These have helped us build confidence reflecting in the overall response to our BS6 range, which is very encouraging. We have observed that customers across cities have become more environment conscious and are willing to upgrade to vehicles with better technology which are environment friendly.", Shashank Srivastava added.
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.69 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Could EICMA and INTERMOT be compromised by the global pandemic?
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Tesla Model 3 and Model S parts being used to make ventilators
- NewsMazda celebrates centenary with special editions across models inspired by the R360
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055