Maruti Suzuki Super Carry LCV launched at Rs 4.03 lakh in Gujarat
Maruti Suzuki India Limited has launched its first light commercial vehicle (LCV), Super Carry, in Ahmedabad. The LCV, which looks like the Suzuki LCV available in Japan and other markets, boasts spacious cabin, flat seats with thick glass fibre heat shield and ergonomically designed pedal for long drive.
Launching the Super Carry, RS Kalsi, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki said, "Super Carry is a robust load carrying vehicle that is made for carrying large loads yet offers high fuel efficiency."
Maruti Suzuki's first LCV comes with a new 793cc turbocharged diesel engine that delivers a peak torque of 75Nm at 2,000rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The company claims a fuel efficiency of 22.07kmpl.
The Super Carry has a loading area of 3.25 square metres with a payload of 740kg. The LCV also boats a chassis built with rust-resistant galvanised steel, front disc brakes, LSPV braking system and bigger ORVMs.
Maruti Suzuki has invested close to Rs 300 crore for the Super Carry's development in India and started selling the Super Carry to foreign markets before introducing it in India. Since May 2016, the Indian automaker has exported more than 300 units of the Super Carry to South Africa and Tanzania. Maruti Suzuki is also planning to explore SAARC countries with the Super Carry.
The Super Carry is available at a price of Rs. 4.03 lakh (ex-showroom, Ahmedabad), and there are two colour options to choose from - superior white and silky silver.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10