Maruti Suzuki Swift DLX edition launched in India at Rs 4.76 lakh
Maruti Suzuki has introduced the Swift DLX version. The Swift DLX is based on the regular Swift LXi and LDi trims. However, the key difference is that the DLX versions come equipped with more comfort features. The Maruti Swift DLX LXi is priced at Rs 4.76 lakh while the Maruti Swift DLX LDi is priced at Rs 5.96 lakh (both prices, ex-showroom Delhi).
Compared to the regular Swift versions, the DLX edition does get a few cosmetic upgrades too. It gets wheel covers, fog lamps along with body coloured door handles and wing mirrors. On the inside, the Maruti Swift DLX versions get a 2-DIN Sony music system with two speakers and Bluetooth. Additionally, it also gets rear power windows and central locking.
Apart from these updates, there are no mechanical updates. The Swift DLX LXi retains the 1.2-litre, 4 cylinder petrol engine which makes 84PS and 115Nm of torque. The Swift DLX LDi carries over the 1.3-litre 4 cylinder diesel engine which produces 75PS and 190Nm of torque.
As per the sales data revealed by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers Association (SIAM) for June 2016, the Hyundai Grand i10 turned out to be a more popular choice among hatchback buyers over the Maruti Swift. Hyundai sold 12,678 units of the Grand i10 while Maruti sold 9,033 units of the Swift.
Image used for representative purpose
That is a big difference in numbers and it seems to have got Maruti worried. The Swift DLX edition seems to be a comeback effort from the manufacturer. But will it work? We shall out in the coming months. This is likely to be the last of the special edition Swift models before the next-generation Maruti Swift arrives in 2017.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI petrol and diesel to be retailed at a higher price from April 1, 2020
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 BMW X5 M Competition
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055