32kmpl Maruti Suzuki Swift hybrid spotted in India
Maruti's all-new Swift was spotted on Indian soil for the first time. This is the same car that was unveiled globally earlier this year. However, there is a minor difference to the car that was spotted here. This is the Suzuki Swift Hybrid and the full blown one with an electric motor. This car was showcased a month ago in Japan. It's no secret that Maruti Suzuki will launch the all-new Swift in India during the Auto Expo 2018. From the look of it, Maruti may be interested in launching it here as well.
The new Maruti looks upmarket and has LED DRLs and projector headlamps
The Maruti Suzuki Swift hybrid will combine a 10kW electric motor generator and a 1.2-litre 91PS engine. It is mated to a 5-speed AMT. In the Japanese cycle, this 2-wheel drive model is claimed to deliver 32kmpl. Essentially the motor shuts off the internal combustion engine when it detects that the vehicle is coasting with a relatively lower road and in heavy traffic conditions. Suzuki also says that the Swift hybrid can travel a few kilometres on electric power only before needing assistance from the internal combustion engine.
The interior of the new Maruti Suzuki Swift hybrid is similar to that of the Dzire and features a new cluster of buttons as well as SmartPlay infotainment system
There are a lot of differences between the new and old Maruti Suzuki Swift. These include the overall grown-up look of the car as well as lightweight platform
The all-new Suzuki Swift was unveiled globally at the Geneva Auto show this year. For the Indian market, it is expected to continue with the familiar 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines. An AMT, similar to the one in the new Dzire is also expected to be added to the Maruti Suzuki Swift's arsenal. It is based on the Baleno's platform and few of the Swift variants are 40kg lighter than the former. The Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to have better acceleration as well as efficiency numbers given that the Dzire too has a boost in both departments. The new Maruti Swift will compete against the Hyundai Grand i10, Volkswagen Polo and the Ford Figo. Prices could very well start from Rs 5.2 lakh and go all the way to Rs 8.5 lakh.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car