Maruti Suzuki to double existing sales network in India by 2020
Maruti Suzuki India has officially announced that it intends to double its existing sales network by 2020. Currently, the dealer network of India's largest carmaker comprises of 1,820 traditional dealerships spread across 1,470 cities. The company is planning to add another 200 dealerships in the current fiscal which will increase the total number to over 2,000.
The carmaker expects that increasing the sales network will help them in attaining their goal of selling 20 lakh units by 2020. To attain this goal, Maruti will also be expanding their product portfolio. The Maruti Ignis and the Maruti Baleno RS are expected to be launched this year. Previously Suzuki Motor Corporation has revealed its plan of introducing around 15 new models in India to attain the sales target.
RS Kalsi, executive director of marketing and sales, Maruti Suzuki India commented, "We are looking at doubling the sales outlets to 4,000 by 2020. This is in line with the ambition to sell two million units by 2020."
Apart from their traditional dealerships, Maruti is also aiming to inaugurate another 250 Nexa outlets in the current fiscal. Around 40,000 vehicles have been sold through Nexa dealerships. Maruti Suzuki expects Nexa dealerships to contribute around 15 per cent of its annual sales by 2020.
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- NewsF1 2020 shutdown could be extended by several weeks
- NewsMotoGP: Andrea Iannone gets 18-month ban for failing drug test
- NewsAston Martin confirms return to F1 as a factory team after 61-year long hiatus
- FeaturesTaking a 2001 Yamaha R1 to the North Pole!
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Audi extends warranty and service period
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055