Maruti Suzuki to introduce next-generation Alto
Since its launch, the Alto has been the bread and butter model for Maruti Suzuki. It has always been one of the highest-selling cars in our country. There are very few cars that can come close to its monthly sales numbers.
In an interview with the Times of India, Kenichi Ayukawa, MD and CEO of Maruti Suzuki, has said that the company needs to upgrade the Alto. He even revealed that the company is planning a new-generation Alto. India's largest carmaker seems to have taken notice of the Renault Kwid's popularity among new car buyers.
Since the past few months, Renault India has been selling around 9,000-10,000 Kwid units a month. That number is around half of Alto's monthly sales. Maruti Suzuki sells around 19,000-20,000 Alto units a month. However, it is being reported that the sales numbers of the Kwid has got Maruti worried.
Unlike its peers in the entry-level hatchback segment, the Renault Kwid gets a distinctive SUV-like styling. It not only looks like a much bigger car, but its ride quality is also similar to the much bigger Duster. The cabin offers an impressive amount of space and a class-leading 300 litres of boot space.
We recently compared the Renault Kwid with the Datsun redi-Go and the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800. With a good balance between quality, performance ride and handling, it was the winner in this comparison. Maruti had recently updated the Alto 800, but it isn't the most spacious or comfortable car in its segment. Clearly, there's a scope for improvement.
During the interview, Ayukawa had also stated that originally entry cars had big volumes, but now people expect a little more premium cars. He said that the company would prepare and respond to all these expectations.
Source: Times of India
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.51 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630