Maruti Suzuki to launch the Baleno hatchback in India on October 26
Maruti Suzuki is bringing the Baleno nameplate back to India on October 26, 2015. The Baleno hatchback will be similar to the global model that was unveiled at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. The biggest difference however, will be the engines offered in India. Although the international version gets a new 1-litre Boosterjet engine, the India-spec Baleno hatchback will unfortunately get the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines seen in current Maruti Suzuki models.
The 1.2-litre K12M petrol engine seen in the Swift makes 84.3PS and 115Nm of torque, while the D13A diesel mill seen in the Ciaz is capable of 90 horses and 200Nm of torque. India will also get a CVT option for the petrol variant, which is the first for a Maruti Suzuki car.
The Baleno will get a more premium interior with a touchscreen infotainment system with steering mounted controls and a more polished cabin. The infotainment system will also support Apple CarPlay. The Baleno is targeting the premium hatchback segment and will take on the likes of the Honda Jazz and Hyundai Elite i20. So expect it to be loaded with features. The ground clearance is 170mm while the car measures less than 4m in length to take benefits of the lower excise duties. While the global cars get Falken tyres, expect the Indian ones to use JK or Goodyear. Maruti Suzuki have already started manufacturing the cars at their Manesar facility.
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza and Tata Nexon
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled