Maruti Suzuki to resume production from Gurgaon facility
Due to a recent fire at a Subros plant in Manesar, Maruti Suzuki had suspended production from all its facilities. The fire led to Maruti Suzuki shutting down operations from B shift on May 29. In its official statement, Maruti Suzuki had said, "Maruti Suzuki India Limited will have to temporarily suspend manufacture of cars at its facilities in Manesar and Gurgaon, starting second half Monday (May 30)."
It has now been confirmed that Maruti Suzuki will resume production from its Gurgoan plant from the second half of June 01. At the Manesar plant, certain operations such as casting and manufacturing of transmissions will also resume from June 01. Two-wheeler production, however, was unaffected by this incident.
Subros is a primary air-conditioning supplier for Maruti Suzuki by supplying 60 per cent of its needs. Due to the fire at the Manesar plant, both firms are looking for alternatives to supply components from other facilities.
The Subros plant in Manesar has a total area of 38,000 sq metres. According to eyewitnesses, the initial fire grew after stored LPG cylinders exploded. A portion of the building collapsed later while some other parts developed cracks. No casualties were reported.
Image source: ETAuto.com
- NewsMotoGP 2019: Last lap glory for Marc Marquez at Misano
- NewsConfirmed: KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India on September 23
- News2019 Royal Enfield Rider Mania opens registrations
- NewsWRC 2019: Sebastien Ogier wins Rally Turkey to keep title hopes alive
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 350 becomes more affordable - Launched at Rs 1.47 lakh