Maruti Suzuki to resume production from Gurgaon facility
Due to a recent fire at a Subros plant in Manesar, Maruti Suzuki had suspended production from all its facilities. The fire led to Maruti Suzuki shutting down operations from B shift on May 29. In its official statement, Maruti Suzuki had said, "Maruti Suzuki India Limited will have to temporarily suspend manufacture of cars at its facilities in Manesar and Gurgaon, starting second half Monday (May 30)."
It has now been confirmed that Maruti Suzuki will resume production from its Gurgoan plant from the second half of June 01. At the Manesar plant, certain operations such as casting and manufacturing of transmissions will also resume from June 01. Two-wheeler production, however, was unaffected by this incident.
Subros is a primary air-conditioning supplier for Maruti Suzuki by supplying 60 per cent of its needs. Due to the fire at the Manesar plant, both firms are looking for alternatives to supply components from other facilities.
The Subros plant in Manesar has a total area of 38,000 sq metres. According to eyewitnesses, the initial fire grew after stored LPG cylinders exploded. A portion of the building collapsed later while some other parts developed cracks. No casualties were reported.
Image source: ETAuto.com
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000