Maruti Suzuki to sell only Vitara Brezza diesel in India
Maruti Suzuki will initially sell only the diesel version of the Vitara Brezza in India. It will be powered by the tried and tested, Fiat sourced 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine that also powers the Ertiga and the Ciaz with SHVS technology. At a later stage, a petrol variant might also be offered. The Vitara Brezza is an all-new sub-four-metre SUV that will be unveiled at the upcoming 2016 Auto Expo.
In India, the government offers certain tax benefits for vehicles that are below four-metres in length and are powered by engines with less than 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre displacement for petrol and diesel respectively. The export version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza gets a 1.5-litre petrol engine. This petrol engine would have disqualified Maruti's SUV from availing the tax benefits for compact vehicles. Although Maruti hasn't announced it officially, we believe this is the reason why Maruti will sell the Vitara Brezza only with a diesel engine.
The Vitara Brezza is Maruti's all-new, sub-four-metre compact SUV that has been completely designed and developed in-house. The global R&D team didn't have a say in this project and the entire decisions were taken by the inhouse R&D team. The project was headed by CV Raman, executive director engineering at MSIL.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.76 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased