Maruti Suzuki to sell only Vitara Brezza diesel in India
Maruti Suzuki will initially sell only the diesel version of the Vitara Brezza in India. It will be powered by the tried and tested, Fiat sourced 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine that also powers the Ertiga and the Ciaz with SHVS technology. At a later stage, a petrol variant might also be offered. The Vitara Brezza is an all-new sub-four-metre SUV that will be unveiled at the upcoming 2016 Auto Expo.
In India, the government offers certain tax benefits for vehicles that are below four-metres in length and are powered by engines with less than 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre displacement for petrol and diesel respectively. The export version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza gets a 1.5-litre petrol engine. This petrol engine would have disqualified Maruti's SUV from availing the tax benefits for compact vehicles. Although Maruti hasn't announced it officially, we believe this is the reason why Maruti will sell the Vitara Brezza only with a diesel engine.
The Vitara Brezza is Maruti's all-new, sub-four-metre compact SUV that has been completely designed and developed in-house. The global R&D team didn't have a say in this project and the entire decisions were taken by the inhouse R&D team. The project was headed by CV Raman, executive director engineering at MSIL.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907