Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza becomes the fastest car to cross the three lakh sales mark in the SUV segment in India
Maruti Suzuki launched the Vitara Brezza in India on March 2016. It marked the re-entry of the name Vitara and the brand's SUV segment product into the country. Since then, the car has been an overwhelming success pushing the brand to commence the production of the SUV at the brand's new Gujarat facility pushing the targets from 8,000 units to 10,000 units to meet with the increased demands. The car has now clocked 3 lakh units in just over 2 years of sales.
Maruti Suzuki updated the Brezza with an AGS model which recorded 23 per cent of the sales on May this year, The brand also introduced the create personalization feature on the car which enables the customers to customize the roofline, bumpers wheels and other parts with a choice of colours and patterns.
The Brezza also bagged the Indian car of the year in 2017 and successfully registered a market share of 43% in its segment in the year 2017-18. This has helped the brand overthrow Mahindra as the largest UV maker in the country.
"Vitara Brezza is a breakthrough product, which created disruption in the SUV market. With its sporty and glamorous traits, Vitara Brezza continues to be the most loved SUV despite several new entrants into the segment," said R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki.
He further added, "The contribution of the top variants in the total sales of Vitara Brezza has zoomed to 56%. This is a testimony to the fact that customers appreciated the refreshed design and innovative features in Vitara Brezza. The Auto Gear Shift has enticed the aspiration of ever-evolving customers."
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review