Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza becomes the fastest car to cross the three lakh sales mark in the SUV segment in India
Maruti Suzuki launched the Vitara Brezza in India on March 2016. It marked the re-entry of the name Vitara and the brand's SUV segment product into the country. Since then, the car has been an overwhelming success pushing the brand to commence the production of the SUV at the brand's new Gujarat facility pushing the targets from 8,000 units to 10,000 units to meet with the increased demands. The car has now clocked 3 lakh units in just over 2 years of sales.
Maruti Suzuki updated the Brezza with an AGS model which recorded 23 per cent of the sales on May this year, The brand also introduced the create personalization feature on the car which enables the customers to customize the roofline, bumpers wheels and other parts with a choice of colours and patterns.
The Brezza also bagged the Indian car of the year in 2017 and successfully registered a market share of 43% in its segment in the year 2017-18. This has helped the brand overthrow Mahindra as the largest UV maker in the country.
"Vitara Brezza is a breakthrough product, which created disruption in the SUV market. With its sporty and glamorous traits, Vitara Brezza continues to be the most loved SUV despite several new entrants into the segment," said R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki.
He further added, "The contribution of the top variants in the total sales of Vitara Brezza has zoomed to 56%. This is a testimony to the fact that customers appreciated the refreshed design and innovative features in Vitara Brezza. The Auto Gear Shift has enticed the aspiration of ever-evolving customers."
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil