Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact SUV to get minor updates soon
Spy images have appeared online of the updated 2018 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The compact SUV will be getting safety upgrades and a few cosmetic changes to keep it fresh.
The most prominent addition to the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will be the standard fitment of ABS and dual airbags across the range. This means that the LDi(O) and VDi(O) trim levels will be discontinued to account for redundancies.
The car also gets some new cosmetic updates to keep it fresh. This means the addition of a chrome grille and chromed boot garnish as standard. These were only available on top-spec variants before. The grey alloy wheels have also been replaced by black units on top-spec ZDi and ZDi(O) trims and a new shade of red/orange has also been made available to replace the earlier blue paint option. The interiors now get an all-black treatment.
Mechanically the car remains unchanged and will continue with the 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced four-cylinder turbo. This motor puts out 90PS and 200Nm and is mated to a 5-speed manual. An AMT version is expected in some time.
While the Vitara Brezza remains at the top of the compact SUV segment, cars like the Tata Nexon and Ford Ecosport have seen continuous updates to keep them relevant. With these changes, Maruti Suzuki will be trying to maintain its lead over rivals, given the cars limited transmission and engine options.
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
- NewsNew Volvo S60 sedan will not have a diesel engine option
- NewsUpcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
- NewsFormula E: Heidfeld scores points for Mahindra Racing at Berlin ePrix