Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact SUV to get minor updates soon
Spy images have appeared online of the updated 2018 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The compact SUV will be getting safety upgrades and a few cosmetic changes to keep it fresh.
The most prominent addition to the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will be the standard fitment of ABS and dual airbags across the range. This means that the LDi(O) and VDi(O) trim levels will be discontinued to account for redundancies.
The car also gets some new cosmetic updates to keep it fresh. This means the addition of a chrome grille and chromed boot garnish as standard. These were only available on top-spec variants before. The grey alloy wheels have also been replaced by black units on top-spec ZDi and ZDi(O) trims and a new shade of red/orange has also been made available to replace the earlier blue paint option. The interiors now get an all-black treatment.
Mechanically the car remains unchanged and will continue with the 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced four-cylinder turbo. This motor puts out 90PS and 200Nm and is mated to a 5-speed manual. An AMT version is expected in some time.
While the Vitara Brezza remains at the top of the compact SUV segment, cars like the Tata Nexon and Ford Ecosport have seen continuous updates to keep them relevant. With these changes, Maruti Suzuki will be trying to maintain its lead over rivals, given the cars limited transmission and engine options.
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP
- NewsBentley Motors enters 100th year with the premiere of a short film
- NewsRenault Kwid fails ASEAN NCAP safety test, gets a zero-star rating
- NewsTata 45X based premium hatchback to launch in India by the 2019 festive season
- News2018 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport launched at Rs 46.60 lakh
- NewsAnalysis: Kawasaki to localise Ninja 300 for better pricing?
- News2018 Suzuki Burgman Street 125 maxi scooter price leaked ahead of July 19 launch